Our Wedding Day

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I've had children and I appear to have lost my brain in the process!

I am always astounded at the lack of duty of care that some parents have when it comes to the safety of their children. The other day I was putting my groceries in the boot of the car at Pak n Save. As I was coming out of the supermarket I observed a women and her three children standing talking to some old duck. All good, maybe she's catching up with a family friend.

What shocked me was that while mum is chatting to the old girl, her children are milling around the shopping trolley. The shocker is that they aren't standing on the footpath, they are standing right in the middle of the carpark! Cars drive through a carpark and this silly woman is standing yapping to someone with no concern for the safety or welfare of her kids!

I continued to load my groceries into the car, thinking "she isn't that stupid, she will move" Er, no. I reversed out of the my parking space and stopped. I thought that woman is going to see me and move her family. Wrong! She continues talking and I tooted as I wouldn't be able to proceed until she moved herself and her children out of the way. The glare I received in return as she hastily moved herself, I could not believe. Excuse me for driving my car in a supermarket carpark! Beyond belief!

No comments: