Our Wedding Day

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Friday, April 16, 2010

Why can't we focus on saving these little guys?

Look at this little guy. They just look like the most innocent, harmless creatures to me. Kiwis, sooo cute! I watched a current affairs segment on Campbell Live last night about the plight of the Northern Kiwi, so sad.

There has been a drought in the northern most part of the North Island. The wee Kiwis are suffering. Baked, dry ground means no earthworms. This the kiwis favourite snack and a major part of their diet. The little kiwi is starving. Many are dying.

Thankfully there are kind conservation people up there who are helping these wee guys. I thought great, but what about the rest of New Zealanders and our government? Here they are focussing on global warming, reducing nuclear weapons, mining of the minerals, what about our National Icon. The Kiwi?

If we lose our National bird, we lose some of what gives this country our identity in the world. I'm going to see if there is a donation I can make to help these wee guys. Big Kiwis, let's help the little kiwis huh?

No comments: