Our Wedding Day

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Monday, January 25, 2010

Never take anything or anyone for granted.

After procrastinating for an hour this morning, I finally got my arse in gear, got in the car and went to the most pleasant place I know in Pukekohe. Bledisloe Park, its very pretty, flat and a provides a very nice location for a 30 minute trot (walk).

I was heading along John Street, singing badly in a low voice to the Travelling Wilburys that were playing in my headphones, yeah sad I know, but I love them, when a white station wagon comes reversing out of a drive at speed.

I scooted around the car successfully, he missed me by about 20cms. I shook my head and carried on, trying to look like nothing had happened. The guy stopped and apologised, checked I was ok, it was nice to see that he was aware he had nearly killed me.

As he drove away and I continued walking, I started to think and be thankful that I had told my Angus that I loved him that morning. He might never have seen me alive again. The reality that my "number could have been up" so suddenly and without warning shocked me a lot. Yeah, I was ok, the car never touched me physically, but I felt touched on the inside.

Angus and I tell each other we love each other every morning before we go to work. It's not just empty words, it's important to us, as there may never be another opportunity. One of us could be wiped out, as I came close to being today.

No comments: