I am a habitual sloucher when sitting in one of the chairs in the lounge. In fact, my posture is crap full stop. I still remember my dad asking why I was sitting on my back when I was a teenager. Did I sit up straight? No. Typical teenager. "Yeah, yeah, dad lecturing me again". I bought a Swiss ball last week to see if that would help me to sit up straight. It does work, I sit straight. But it doesn't alleviate the constant dull ache in my lower back. I am regreting the amount of slouching I have done believe me. "You were right Dad".
On Monday I went the Westfield Shopping Centre to get a massage. There is a small screened area in the middle of the mall where 3-4 very nice, respectful Chinese guys give you "the treatment". They know how to inflict, oops, I mean administer a deep tissue massage. I lay on the table and he went to work. Geez, did that man find some spots. I came away afterwards feeling somewhat beaten up, but with the ache eased quite considerably.
Today there is still an ache, its two days later, but I am wondering if it's just the deep bruising that lasts for a few days in the muscles after deep tissue massage.
Angus and I have been talking about how we should try having date night. We've been together 5 and 1/2 years, we need to focus on us more. I am going to suggest that the first date night takes place this Friday at a thermal hot pool not far from home. Romantic soak in a thermal hot pool - too soak away my creaks and groans!
No comments:
Post a Comment